1 (edited by pbraunhtc 2015-11-19 23:12:32)

Topic: Connection restriction on Roundcube

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release):
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version:
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): LDAP
- Web server (Apache or Nginx):
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro?
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
====

Hi,

I have a question for the use of the webmail clients. I have the SOGo groupware installed and roundcube is running since the install.
Can i vorbid some users from Using SOGo. For example I have a user, who shouldn´t use the calendar and adressbook.
Is there a possibility to restrict them? Connection from thunderbird and roundcube = yes. Connection from SOGo = no.

Thanks for your answers.

Phil

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Connection restriction on Roundcube

Maybe you can update 'filter =' setting in /etc/sogo/sogo.conf to include checking for sogo service like below:

// Original setting:
            //filter = "objectClass=mailUser AND accountStatus=active AND enabledService=mail";

filter = "objectClass=mailUser AND accountStatus=active AND enabledService=mail AND enabledService=sogo";

Then update all mail accounts to have 'enabledService=sogo', but remove this for the user which you don't allow to login to sogo.

Thank you for the fast repy!

That worked ootb! afterwards you only need to restart the sogod service (with centos 7: systemctl restart sogod.service)
and update the enabledService attributes in the LDAP Editor.

What's 'ootb'?

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

What's 'ootb'?

out of the Box ;-)

ok, topic closed since it works for you. smile