Topic: iRedMail Disaster Recovery

Hello, recently my iRedMail CentOS 5 VPS instance was damaged by a UPS faliure. Xen is no longer able to start the VPS, however, I still have full access to the file system.

My question is this:
How can I migrate the data into a new iRedMail instance, and what steps should I take?
iRedMail version: 0.7.0-beta2

P.S. Most important is user account credentials (LDAP), mailbox contents(/var/vmail??), and sieve filters. Keeping the DKIM key the same would also be a plus.

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: iRedMail Disaster Recovery

• OpenLDAP data is stored in /var/lib/ldap/ by default, if files were not damaged, you can simply copy them to new server. The better way is restoring from a daily backup in LDIF format.

• Mailboxes are placed under /var/vmail/vmailX (X is 1 by default) by default. You can simply copy them to new server, with same owner and permissions.

• Sieve filters are placed under /var/vmail/sieve/ by default. You can simply copy them to new server, with same owner and permissions.

• DKIM keys are stored in /var/lib/amavis/ by default. You can simply copy them to new server, with same owner and permissions.

Hello,

Please sir, is there any disaster recovery guide for iRedMail,

I appreciate your help ?

Regards,
Yasine

ZhangHuangbin wrote:
  • OpenLDAP data is stored in /var/lib/ldap/ by default, if files were not damaged, you can simply copy them to new server. The better way is restoring from a daily backup in LDIF format.

• Mailboxes are placed under /var/vmail/vmailX (X is 1 by default) by default. You can simply copy them to new server, with same owner and permissions.

• Sieve filters are placed under /var/vmail/sieve/ by default. You can simply copy them to new server, with same owner and permissions.

• DKIM keys are stored in /var/lib/amavis/ by default. You can simply copy them to new server, with same owner and permissions.

Reference: http://www.iredmail.org/docs/backup.restore.html