1 (edited by sylonhosting 2015-11-11 18:50:48)

Topic: Problem with disabling Mailing Lists

Hi

We are running the newest releases of everything iRed* on a CentOS 5 box (this one is not quite up2date, customers are don't want downtime etc.). LDAP Backend w/ Apache.

In iRedAdmin, if I go and disable a Mailing List I can still send mails to it and they get delivered. I can also disable the whole domain and mail still gets delivered. The only way to stop mails getting delivered is to disable the Mailing Service on the Domain, but this is obviously not a good solution for this prolem. The LDAP queries seem fine and include 'accountStatus' as far as I can see (I'm not 100% sure I checked all the right places). Help would be greatly appreciated, customer not so happy wink

LDIF of domain:
dn: [REDACTED]
accountSetting: domainQuota:2:GB
accountSetting: maxUserQuota:0
accountSetting: defaultLanguage:en_US
accountSetting: defaultQuota:500
accountStatus: disabled
cn: [REDACTED]
domainCurrentAliasNumber: 0
domainCurrentListNumber: 24
domainCurrentQuotaSize: 1048576000
domainCurrentUserNumber: 2
domainName: [REDACTED]
enabledService: mail
mtaTransport: dovecot
objectClass: mailDomain

LDIF of Mailing List:
dn: [redacted]
accountStatus: disabled
cn: testing
enabledService: mail
enabledService: deliver
mail: testing@[REDACTED]
objectClass: mailList

Thank you in advance
- sylonhosting

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Problem with disabling Mailing Lists

sylonhosting wrote:

We are running the newest releases of everything iRed* on a CentOS 5 box

Could you please show us the iRedMail version number (check file /etc/iredmail-release) and iRedAdmin-Pro version number? You can login to iRedAdmin-Pro as global admin, it's shown in Dashboard page.

As stated, everything is up to date (just updated everything last night in the hope to fix the bug), but here you go:

iRedMail 0.9.2
iRedAdmin 2.3.1
iRedAPD 1.6.0

Maybe also relevant:
Postfix 2.5.9-5.ired
Dovecot 1.2.17-0_116.el5
policyd 1.82-4.rhms
httpd 2.2.3-78.el5.centos

Sorry about this trouble.

The mailing list implemented in iRedMail is not ideal, we have plan to integrate a mailing list management tool like mlmmj (http://mlmmj.org).

A alternative solution is changing the mailing list email address. sad
I will try to improve / fix this in future release.

So just I am sure to understand, this is a known limitation & no fix available at the moment? (just so I can give the customer a clear information)

Thanks for your help
- sylonhosting

sylonhosting wrote:

So just I am sure to understand, this is a known limitation & no fix available at the moment? (just so I can give the customer a clear information)

You're right.