Topic: iredapd stops randomly

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version: 0.9.1
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MySQL
- Web server (Apache or Nginx):Apache
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: CentOS 6.5
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
====
Hi, This week iRedPad stops randomly twice already and I didn't find any clue in log file. I just notice that a new version is released. Do you think it will fix this problem please? If yes then is there a tutorial how to upgrade to 0.9.2 from 0.9.1?

In addition, some incoming messages are missing and I also didn't find any log file related. Do you think the new version will fix this as well?

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: iredapd stops randomly

Please upgrade to iRedAPD-1.6.0, it fixes this issue.

*) Release notes: http://www.iredmail.org/docs/iredapd.releases.html
*) Upgrade tutorial: http://www.iredmail.org/docs/upgrade.iredapd.html

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

Please upgrade to iRedAPD-1.6.0, it fixes this issue.

I am having the same problem (namely iRedAPD stopping every few days) even though I am running iRedAPD-1.6.0 and iRedMail-0.9.2.  I have Debian 8.1 and installed iRedMail-0.9.2 as a fresh install.

Michael

Does it happen if you move /etc/logrotate.d/iredapd to another directory (to stop logrotate for iRedAPD log file)?

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

Does it happen if you move /etc/logrotate.d/iredapd to another directory (to stop logrotate for iRedAPD log file)?

I moved it just now and will let you know either way.  It will likely take a week or so to be sure.

Thanks,
Michael

artaxerxes99 wrote:

I moved it just now and will let you know either way.  It will likely take a week or so to be sure.

A quick update: the upcoming iRedAPD-1.7.0 doesn't require /etc/logrotate.d/iredapd anymore, it will rotate the log file itself (without compress).

artaxerxes99 wrote:

I am writing to confirm that after 3 weeks of monitoring, iRedAPD continues to run without any problems after I moved /etc/logrotate.d/iredapd to another directory.

Thank you for your help.  This case can be closed.