Topic: Is there an easy way to determine how many mails a user has sent

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): .0.9.2
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: (Ubuntu 14.04 LTS)
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MYSQL
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): NGINX
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? not yet but plan to
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
====

Hi,

Love this software. My question is: what is the most efficient way to find out how many mails each user has sent (per day/per week/per month).

Thanks in advance,

Marc Goldman

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Is there an easy way to determine how many mails a user has sent

Several possible solutions:

*) Parse Postfix log file (/var/log/mail.log) to extract this info.
*) Query Amavisd SQL database to get the info. Note: the records stored in Amavisd sql database usually are just kept for several days (e.g. 3 or 7 days), but it's tunable.

Thanks,

Is this something you would develop for me if I paid the 39.00?

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

Several possible solutions:

*) Parse Postfix log file (/var/log/mail.log) to extract this info.
*) Query Amavisd SQL database to get the info. Note: the records stored in Amavisd sql database usually are just kept for several days (e.g. 3 or 7 days), but it's tunable.

iRedAdmin-Pro will show you top 10 senders/recipients in Dashboard page, is it enough for you?

I would need to get ALL senders. I may be looking to  buy the iredadmin pro this week. Would you be able to customize it for me to do ALL Senders?

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

iRedAdmin-Pro will show you top 10 senders/recipients in Dashboard page, is it enough for you?

Can I get the question above answered please? Will help me determine if I will be upgrading.

em13 wrote:

I would need to get ALL senders. I may be looking to  buy the iredadmin pro this week. Would you be able to customize it for me to do ALL Senders?

iRedAdmin-Pro may not show you ALL senders due to performance concern, it's better to do this with a cron job and a shell/python/... script.