Topic: Alias addition openldap

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release):
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version:
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL):
- Web server (Apache or Nginx):
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro?
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
====

Hello,

I just installed the latest version of iRedMail. Majority of the guides and questions on here in regards to adding email aliases in ldap surround using phpopenldap which I don't believe is being shippined with iredmail anymore. So, are you able to provide command line instructions on how to accomplish an email alias through ldap?

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Alias addition openldap

Another question that may simplify usage for me. I would have gone with MariaDB as I have a lot of experience with mysql. However, I wanted to use openldap because I want to have and maintain a single ldap for all of my contacts moving forward (and merging in anything else externally). Given the above -

Does Sogo use the same ldap service as iredmail?

Re: Alias addition openldap

arvand wrote:

I just installed the latest version of iRedMail. Majority of the guides and questions on here in regards to adding email aliases in ldap surround using phpopenldap which I don't believe is being shippined with iredmail anymore. So, are you able to provide command line instructions on how to accomplish an email alias through ldap?

OK, i will try to write a script for this.

arvand wrote:

Another question that may simplify usage for me. I would have gone with MariaDB as I have a lot of experience with mysql. However, I wanted to use openldap because I want to have and maintain a single ldap for all of my contacts moving forward (and merging in anything else externally). Given the above -

Postfix/Dovecot are able to use multiple SQL/LDAP queries, so you just define both sql and ldap queries in their config file. for example, postfix:

virtual_alias_maps =
    proxy:mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql/virtual_alias_maps.cf
    proxy:ldap:/etc/postfix/ldap/domain_alias_maps.cf

Dovecot uses different syntax in its config file, but you can simply copy existing setting snippet (in dovecot.conf) and modify it.

arvand wrote:

Excuse me, i don't understand this question. what do you mean "sogo use the same ldap service AS iredmail"?