1 (edited by arvand 2015-10-22 12:57:50)

Topic: Recently Installed - Can't login to any services

[root@mail ~]# cat /etc/iredmail-release
[root@mail ~]# cat /etc/redhat-release
CentOS Linux release 7.1.1503 (Core)
[root@mail ~]# uname -r
3.10.0-229.14.1.el7.x86_64

- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): LDAP
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Nginx
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? Yes

===

Hello,

Recently installed and can't login to any services such as mail (Roundcube), SOGo or iRedMail though the installation went through without errors.

When trying to login to iRedMail, I get -

Error: Password of cn=vmailadmin is incorrect.

Some background information. I actually originally tried to install SOGo (using their instructions through yum) but it wasn't turnkey enough for me so I found iRedMail. I had also installed openldap through yum as well prior to installing iRedMail.

My guess right now is that I installed openldap before iRedAdmin and its a newer version than iRedAdmin installs with the bundle. Which leads me to scrapping this container and starting a new one and installing iRedMail from scratch. But I find that this may be a learning experiment and trying this forum out before trying to figure out why none of the services can communicate with ldap (persumably).

FYI, on ldap restart, in /var/log/messages -

Oct 22 00:55:51 mail systemd: Starting OpenLDAP Server Daemon...
Oct 22 00:55:51 mail check-config.sh: Warning: Usage of a configuration file is obsolete!
Oct 22 00:55:52 mail systemd: Started OpenLDAP Server Daemon.

Any help? Thanks in advance.

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Recently Installed - Can't login to any services

I'm afraid that you didn't carefully read our installation guide and not strictly follow it:

IMPORTANT WARNING: iRedMail is designed to be deployed on a FRESH server system, which means your server does NOT have mail related components installed, e.g. MySQL, OpenLDAP, Postfix, Dovecot, Amavisd, etc. iRedMail will install and configure them for you automatically. Otherwise it may override your existing files/configurations althought it will backup files before modifing, and it may not be working as expected.

Please try iRedMail on a fresh/clean server OS.