Topic: Pricing

Guys, why so serious ? 400$ for a year ?
I'm Just a script kitty, who want to use a nice email back end software like iRedMail Pro.
Why can't i use iRedMail pro - With no support, just the features.
I want to buy current version, or updatable version... With no support for LOWER price.
How did this price appear ? Why are you charging 400$, what for ?
Why don't you add like 100$ with 1 domain , and + 50$~100$ for additional domain name ?
Just check DirectAdmin prices... THEY let me try it out for 29$ monthly !!!
Why I can't do the same with iRedMail... WHY ?

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Pricing

Dear asamusa,

This is our pricing, if it's acceptable to you, you can consider buy it. if you don't like it, you can still use iRedMail with iRedAdmin open source edition for free. There's no need to price a product at the same price as other product.

Since this is my first post I´d like to thank you for developing iredmail and making it available for free.

I would buy the pro version for about 100 usd, one time payment and updates at 35 usd per year.

Probably you did your homework and priced your product accordingly but this is what I could pay.

I´m not trying to devaluate your product, only saw the demo, just telling what I would pay.

Regards,
Fred

i'm sorry, but i can't resist ...  https://youtu.be/R2a8TRSgzZY

Asking for a lower price can only be seen as a compliment, people want it just can´t afford it.

Pricing a product is tricky when you have no costumer base to evaluate the reaction. When you have data to work with it´s a matter of segmenting the product  for the various targets within your customer base.

When you have a product like this with probably hundreds of thousand or millions of installations of the free version and who knows but probably a residual percentage of paying customers for the pro version, you have to think about this.

The dilemma is this, most of those who need the tools in the pro version can´t pay for it, most of those who can pay for it could also pay or already have someone who can configure by hand the settings made easier by the pro version.

This is like saying: I don´t want you to buy me anything.

This is just an opinion.

I´ve installed the free version and like it very much, can only thank for making it available for free.

Once again thank you very much.

You could donate to the project. This will of course not give you the pro version but donation ensures a free version for you to download.

Sure, I looked for the donation link but only could find the paypal buttons for paid support.

Not so much to ensure the free version for the future but to thank for what is already available.