1 (edited by pikachu937 2015-10-05 15:49:01)

Topic: the iRedmail installation on the remote ldap, apache and mysql server

Good afternoon. At myself in office already I have the adjusted ldap, apache and mysql server. It would be desirable to use them for iredmail, prompt please how to adjust? In fact I want to divide into iredmail making a product and to use each service on the server. there is one more moment communication with ldap with use of tls.
==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 0.9.2
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: debian 7
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP):
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): apache
====

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: the iRedmail installation on the remote ldap, apache and mysql server

iRedMail requires its own LDAP schema, so if you existing LDAP server can include this schema file, and update existing users to match its requirement, it should be fine. Just update Postfix/Dovecot/Roundcube config files to use your existing LDAP server instead of local one (127.0.0.1), and LDAP bind dn/password.

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

iRedMail requires its own LDAP schema, so if you existing LDAP server can include this schema file, and update existing users to match its requirement, it should be fine. Just update Postfix/Dovecot/Roundcube config files to use your existing LDAP server instead of local one (127.0.0.1), and LDAP bind dn/password.

I tried to make so, it didn't turn out, it is possible in more detail what files, and also that with ldap tls I should make? the key made where me to prescribe it in Postfix/Dovecot? also to me Roundcube/iredadmin would like to transfer to the apache server. Thanks

Here's LDAP schema file required by iRedMail:
https://bitbucket.org/zhb/iredmail/src/ … ew-default

Also, Amavisd LDAP schema file is required too.

This file will show you what ldap attribute/value pairs are required by iRedMail (or, a better way is to create mail accounts with iRedAdmin, then export LDIF data of accounts):
https://bitbucket.org/zhb/iredmail/src/ … ew-default

After you solved the mail account migration, we can discuss further steps.

ok, today I will make everything. whether by the way wanted to ask value has what configuration I use (dynamic (slapd.d/cn=config) or static (slapd.conf))? I use dynamic, I can correct the scheme and acl to the dynamic.

You can convert the iRedMail LDAP schema file to synamic config backend.

I made full migration of a tree on the ldap server, connected iredmail.schema and amavis.schema, prescribed ACL iredmail, registered indexes. In files:
/ etc/postfix/ldap
catchall_maps.cf
relay_domains.cf
sender_login_maps.cf
virtual_alias_maps.cf
virtual_mailbox_domains.cf
recipient_bcc_maps_domain.cf
sender_bcc_maps_domain.cf
transport_maps_domain.cf
virtual_group_maps.cf
virtual_mailbox_maps.cf
recipient_bcc_maps_user.cf
sender_bcc_maps_user.cf
transport_maps_user.cf
virtual_group_members_maps.cf

/ etc/dovecot/dovecot-ldap.conf

I changed the ldap server address (in connection with full copying of a tree to change dn and pass wasn't necessary)
I stopped openldap from delivery of iredmail and I tried login through roundcube (in the config.inc.php file I changed the ldap server address). Login was successful, but I can't send mail. what it is necessary to govern?
by the way in ravines I saw a mistake:
PHP Error: ldap_list failed for dn=domainName=smd.local, o=domains, dc=smd, dc=local: Bad search filter (POST/mail/? _ task=mail& _ action=autocomplete? _task =& _ action smile
SMTP Error: Failed to add recipient 'postmaster@smd.local'. 4.3.5 Server configuration problem (Code: 451) in/opt/www/roundcubemail-1.1.1/program/lib/Roundcube/rcube.php on line 1714 (POST/mail/? _ task=mail& _ unlock=loading1444063971565& _ lang=ru& _ framed=1? _task=mail& _ action=send)

thanks

mail earned, it was necessary to correct a config in iredapd.
now as I spoke it is necessary to transfer all web gui to other server earlier, and after it mysql. now question relatively iredamin, awstats, cluebringer, roundcube.
help to transfer them please.
thanks

pikachu937 wrote:

PHP Error: ldap_list failed for dn=domainName=smd.local, o=domains, dc=smd, dc=local: Bad search filter (POST/mail/? _ task=mail& _ action=autocomplete? _task =& _ action

Please check the ldap filter(s) defined in Roundcube config file, make sure they have correct syntax.

pikachu937 wrote:

now question relatively iredamin, awstats, cluebringer, roundcube.

*) With OpenLDAP backend, iRedAdmin needs to query LDAP AND sql servers defined in its config file `settings.py`, after you transferred LDAP/SQL server, please update this config file to use the correct SQL/LDAP address, port, username, password. You can find its location with this document please: http://www.iredmail.org/docs/file.locat … #iredadmin

*) Awstats and Cluebringer requires http basic auth for user authentication, if you use LDAP backend, you need to update their config files under /etc/apache2/ to use correct LDAP address/port/bind dn/password.

*) Roundcube requires a SQL database, so please update SQL address/port/username/password in its config file. If you have global LDAP address book enabled, update them too (in the same config file).

Hope it helps. And maybe you can share your experience of this transfer with our community, such as a step-by-step tutorial. smile

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

*) Roundcube requires a SQL database, so please update SQL address/port/username/password in its config file. If you have global LDAP address book enabled, update them too (in the same config file).

I changed the server address, login, the password. I import the login test@smd.local, the password into roundcube and I receive "not successful connection with imap the server"

pikachu937 wrote:
ZhangHuangbin wrote:

I changed the server address, login, the password. I import the login test@smd.local, the password into roundcube and I receive "not successful connection with imap the server"

the problem was in ssl = required I changed for ssl = yes and everything earned

12 (edited by pikachu937 2015-10-09 17:56:59)

I have a question: cluebringer initially works or not?
at command execution:
postfix-cluebringer status
I receive
[FAIL] of cbpolicyd isn't running... failed!

if doesn't complicate, write please what it is possible to refuse so that operation of the e-mail server wasn't broken?

pikachu937 wrote:

at command execution:
I receive

Turn on debug mode in Cluebringer to see why it cannot start.

Reference: http://www.iredmail.org/docs/debug.cluebringer.html

ZhangHuangbin wrote:
pikachu937 wrote:

at command execution:
I receive

Turn on debug mode in Cluebringer to see why it cannot start.

Reference: http://www.iredmail.org/docs/debug.cluebringer.html

The rights for the file after the iRedmail installation at the user of root. After change of the rights service is started, but the port 10031 all the same doesn't open.

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

Hope it helps. And maybe you can share your experience of this transfer with our community, such as a step-by-step tutorial. smile

Yes I can make the instruction, but on how many I understood with a release of the new iRedmail version where you will change server ldap configuration type on dynamic, she won't be absolutely actual. But also then if necessary it will be possible to write other instruction. Whether it would be desirable to specify you will be able to release the special version which will establish only postfix, dovecot, clamav, amavis, iredapd on the server, and for ldap, iredadmin, roundcube, apache will be created configuration files for their placement on other servers which were physically remote from each other.

pikachu937 wrote:

The rights for the file after the iRedmail installation at the user of root. After change of the rights service is started, but the port 10031 all the same doesn't open.

Try to grab related error logs of starting cluebringer service, otherwise others cannot help troubleshoot.

Everything turned out! On the server with the address 192.168.0.2 ldap the server is established, on the server 192.168.0.3 mysql the server is established, on the server 192.168.0.4 postfix, dovecot, iredapd, amavis, clamav is established, on the server 192.168.0.5 apache+roundcube+phpmyadmin+iredadmin+cluebringer is established, on the server 192.168.0.6 bind is established. Everything works ideally, quickly! It was necessary to adjust ftp, sogo (or analog). Thanks for the help, will be a detailed report on actions a little later.

Cool. I'm looking forward to your detailed tutorials. smile