1 (edited by oquidave 2015-09-28 05:02:10)

Topic: iRedadmin user permissions

======== Required information ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release):  iRedMail-0.9.2
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Ubuntu 14.04
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL):  Mysql
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Nginx
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? no, using iRedamin
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
====

Hello, am new to iRedmail. I liked it because it just worked the first time I installed it. Anyway, now am using iRedAdmin web interface to manage several domains.

I've added about 3 domains. I've added sample accounts to each domain. However, I don't seem to have an admin for only a particular domain. Instead, each user is either a global admin to which they see and manage all the domains in the system. Or they are simply normal users who only have access to webmail/roundcube.

I've however looked at the mysql database schema. It turns out vmail.mailbox table has "isadmin" and "isglobaladmin" boolean columns. I thought that  making a user "isadmin" to be true and "isglobaladmin" to be false would make them an admin for that particular domain only. But this is not the case. The user can login to the iRedamin interface, but they can't do anything. They can't even add other domain user accounts which I expected should have been the case. If they attempted to, I get an error
"Error: Permission denied."

So I would like someone to point me in the right direction of dealing with domain user permission levels. Thanks alot.

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: iRedadmin user permissions

This feature is available in paid edition -- iRedAdmin-Pro. Check the comparison here:
http://www.iredmail.org/admin_panel.html