======== Required information ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 0.9.2
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Ubuntu 14.04.3 LTS
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): mysql 5.5.44
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): apache
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? No
====

Hi

I have a main domain (DOMAIN.COM) and an alias domain (ALIAS.COM)

Let's say I have two users user1@DOMAIN.COM and user2@DOMAIN.COM.

I'd need to deliver messages sent to list@DOMAIN.COM to user1@DOMAIN.COM, and messages sent to list@ALIAS.COM to user2@DOMAIN.COM.

For the alias "list@DOMAIN.COM" there shouldn't be any problems, but I can't get "list@ALIAS.COM" working.
I tried using these combinations in the alias table (vmail database), but all ended in the catch-all mailbox:

TEST #1
address: list@ALIAS.COM
goto: user2@DOMAIN.COM
domain: DOMAIN.COM

TEST #2
goto: user2@ALIAS.COM
domain: DOMAIN.COM

TEST #3
goto: user2@DOMAIN.COM
domain: ALIAS.COM

TEST #4
goto: user2@ALIAS.COM
domain: ALIAS.COM

So, it seems it's not possible to have an email address that's specific to an alias domain...
I hope that I'm wrong, otherwise I'd have to promote ALIAS.COM to it's own domain (instead of being an alias of DOMAIN.COM), but that's not feasible due to our (rather complicated) structure and the number of user/rules we have.

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Alias domains with different alias addresses

With upcoming iRedAdmin-Pro, you're able to manage per-user alias address, and it's allowed to add 'user@[alias_domain.com]' as a per-user alias address. i hope it solves your issue.

BTW, it requires some SQL structure change in iRedMail stable table `vmail.alias`, and this change will be mentioned in iRedMail upgrade tutorial. If you're interested in this change, here's the document:
http://www.iredmail.org/docs/upgrade.ir … asalias_to

WARNING: above upgrade tutorial is still a DRAFT, please do not apply these changes now, they may be changed until final release.

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

With upcoming iRedAdmin-Pro, you're able to manage per-user alias address, and it's allowed to add 'user@[alias_domain.com]' as a per-user alias address. i hope it solves your issue.

That will be great, thank you! Will this be applicable to lists too (in addition to users)?

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

BTW, it requires some SQL structure change in iRedMail stable table `vmail.alias`, and this change will be mentioned in iRedMail upgrade tutorial. If you're interested in this change, here's the document:

WARNING: above upgrade tutorial is still a DRAFT, please do not apply these changes now, they may be changed until final release.

Any ETA?

mlocati wrote:

Will this be applicable to lists too (in addition to users)?

Not implemented for mail alias account yet, do you need this urgently?

BTW, if you check sample usage in our tutorial below, you can easily add alias address for mail alias account. just one sql 'INSERT' command.

mlocati wrote:

Any ETA?

Not yet. But i hope new releases of iRedMail (including iRedAPD) + iRedAdmin-Pro will be available in Dec.