Topic: Multiple subdomain installation license

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): Not yet installed
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Debian 7.0 x64
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MySQL
- Web server (Apache or Nginx):Apache
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? : Yes (Like to)
- Related log if you're reporting an issue: N/A.
====

Hi,

I would like to purchase a license that would allow me to install iRedAdmin-Pro on multiple servers on the same domain (sub-domains). Is this possible? My business model comprises of multiple small email servers instead of a single large one, so purchasing 10 or more licenses would turn out to be too expensive for me and my clients.

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Multiple subdomain installation license

pavinjoseph wrote:

I would like to purchase a license that would allow me to install iRedAdmin-Pro on multiple servers on the same domain (sub-domains). Is this possible?

It's not illegal according to our license terms. it's licensed per-server, not per-domain.

Do you have all mail accounts stored in one SQL/LDAP server? then replicate SQL/LDAP on other servers?

3 (edited by pavinjoseph 2015-09-16 15:41:45)

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

It's not illegal according to our license terms. it's licensed per-server, not per-domain.

Yes, according to the license terms its licensed per server, so am I in violation if I install on multiple servers (subdomains)?

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

Do you have all mail accounts stored in one SQL/LDAP server? then replicate SQL/LDAP on other servers?

No, the main reason for using multiple smaller email clusters is to avoid this kind of 'single point of failure'. To put it into perspective, I plan to use individual email servers for all clients, sometimes even multiple small email clusters for the same client.

I really liked iRedAdmin-Pro, hope you could work out the license terms for me smile

pavinjoseph wrote:

Yes, according to the license terms its licensed per server, so am I in violation if I install on multiple servers (subdomains)?

Yes, it's illegal.

I'm afraid that we don't have a better license terms for this situation. Sorry.

5 (edited by pavinjoseph 2015-09-16 22:21:44)

Could you work out a multiple subdomain server license for me?

Eg: For installation on server1.example.com ; server2.example.com, etc.

Your situation is same as hosting multiple mail domains, we don't have a solution for you. sorry.