Topic: DKIM setup

Hi, I try to setup DKIM following the tutorial on page:

http://code.google.com/p/iredmail/wiki/DNS_DKIM

I would like to note that amavisd is non existent in Ubuntu 9.04, so I used amavisd-new instead.

The procees is extremely simple and I revised it several times, I also waited nearly 48 hours before testing it back just in case the TXT record needed to be replicated among DNS servers.

when running:
# amavisd-new testkeys
I get:
TESTING#1: dkim._domainkey.cloudslices.com       => invalid (public key: DNS query timeout fpr dkim._domainkey.cloudslices.com)

Do I have to open DNS or any other port for it to work?

Saludos, Yosu.

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: DKIM setup

Also, the DKIM tutorial should specify where to put the public cert:

then I publish this into a new TXT DNS record for the subdomain "dkim._domainkey":
dkim._domainkey.iredmail.org

I wait until it's on all DNS servers and that's it.

It seems the TXT record got deleted for any reason, I just made it again and will wait 48 more hours to see.

Yosu wrote:

It seems the TXT record got deleted for any reason, I just made it again and will wait 48 more hours to see.

Why not setup a local DNS server for testing? So that you don't need to wait so long

I don't really want to run DNS locally, I will wait one more day...

I don´t know why I still unable to make it work.
I tested 0.4 (last 2 betas) on ubuntu, later installed iRedOS just in case I was missing anything.
And I still unable to to make DKIM run correctly.
Maybe there is something I just can see...

SOLVED: After 2 month of failed tests, I received a notification from my DNS provider stating that they server had some errors saving my Dkim TXT records... sad...