Topic: iRedAdmin-Pro on a multi-tier based Postfix+Dovecot+LDAP installation

Hi,

I will have a Postfix+Dovecot+LDAP installation with all the same components as iRedMail but installed in a multi-tier architecture for handling HA and massive amounts of users (1MM+).

Assuming that I will have to install all the components by my self instead of using the iRedMail installer, can I still use the iRedAdmin-Pro app? If yes, how should I install it the iRedAdmin-Pro?

Note: If iRedAdmin-Pro only interacts with the LDAP, then there is no problem since the LDAP cluster will be available as if it where 1 server thanks to a proxy/load-balancer.

Thanks in advance

cheers
cesar

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: iRedAdmin-Pro on a multi-tier based Postfix+Dovecot+LDAP installation

iRedAdmin-Pro relies on iRedMail -- not just the LDAP schema, also Postfix/Dovecot configurations. Otherwise some settings done by iRedAdmin-Pro may not work on your server.

If you install components manually, there's no guarantee that it will work as expected on your server.

Thank you!

Would you be interested in a collaboration from us to enable iRedAdmin to control a scenario like the one I described?

cheers
cesar

Dear Cesar,

I'm sorry that i'm not interested in this customization.

Maybe you can check out how Postfix+Dovecot+LDAP works in iRedMail, and if it matches your need, you can consider using iRedMail directly. With iRedMail, you have the same softwares/configurations as many other iRedMail users, you're not alone.

No problem. Thanks anyway smile

Now, regarding your suggestion, I have no problem with the softwares/configurations, in fact I will do exactly the same. The only difference is that instead of having all in 1 machine, I will have to spread each component in a cluster with a LoadBalancer in front.  In this case, can you confirm that iRedMail will only work for 1-machine-architecture?

thanks again
cheers
cesar

iRedMail is designed to be deployed on one machine, so it doesn't support spreading components to different machines.

iRedAdmin-Pro just connects to SQL/LDAP servers, so it doesn't matter SQL/LDAP server is running on different server.