1 (edited by woutervddn 2015-08-27 15:36:53)

Topic: Mail stops being delivered and can't be sent every now and again.

======== Required information ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 0.9.1
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Ubuntu 14.04
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MySQL
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Apache
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? Nowp, with community version of iRedAdmin
- Related log if you're reporting an issue: pastebin.com/iXgRYNSB
====

Hi all, after some problems with our former mail host we decided to set up our own mailserver. At the moment only one or 2 domains are using it. The first couple of weeks/months even were very stable, but over the last 3 weeks we've got some outages. On lines 47 and 48 of the pastebin I included above you'll see:

2015-08-24 17:43:08 INFO [91.179.129.16] END-OF-MESSAGE, jens@cr3do.be -> , DUNNO
2015-08-26 17:46:20 INFO Starting iRedAPD (version: 1.5.0, backend: mysql), listening on 127.0.0.1:7777.

The mailserver just stopped doing things for over a day until I restarted it yesterday evening. The same thing has happened 3 times already.

The corresponding part of mail.log can be found here:
pastebin[dot]com/FPK4G76U
(notice line 94 and beyond)

I searched for "connect to 127.0.0.1:7777: Connection refused" on google and ended on this thread:
www[dot]iredmail[dot]org/forum/topic2457-iredmail-support-solved-error-1270017777-connection-refused.html

However to no avail, the "smtpd_recipient_restriction" was already set right.

I changed no setting whatsoever and have no idea when the exact problem started as the server wasn't really used until a month or so.

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Mail stops being delivered and can't be sent every now and again.

The iRedAPD release shipped in iRedMail-0.9.1 is buggy, please upgrade it to the latest iRedAPD-1.6.0, then this issue should be fixed.

Here's upgrade tutorial:
http://www.iredmail.org/docs/upgrade.iredapd.html