Topic: Install fails when SoGo is included.

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 0.92
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Ubuntu 14.04 LTS
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): Same problem, all backend options
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Nginx
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? Not yet.
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
====

as it says - quite frustrating.

clean ubuntu install, fresh download of Iredmail, tried several options, all same result.

install fails with;
E: Unable to locate package sogo-activesync
E: Unable to locate package sope4.9-gdl1-mysql
E: Couldn't find any package by regex 'sope4.9-gdl1-mysql'

sure enough - these packages don't exist under the 'trusty' tree on the SoGo repository.

also, the script's command to add the Sogo repo works, but the key import doesn't - I had to do that manually, and force an apt-get update to see anything in the repo at all.

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

2 (edited by TheoJones 2015-07-31 05:36:25)

Re: Install fails when SoGo is included.

Just checked, on a hunch... the required packages are present in the 12.04 LTS (precise pangolin) branch...

(edit - and predictably, I can't just refer the precise repository, it gives a stack of broken dependencies...)

I.

It might be a temporary network issue, please just run "bash iRedMail.sh" again.

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

It might be a temporary network issue, please just run "bash iRedMail.sh" again.

No, when you look at the actual repository, there is no package for sogo-activesync or sope4.9-gli-mysql..

but I wonder - the packages are present for amd64, not i386. I installed 32 bit Ubuntu (it's an older machine).. does iRedmail need the 64-bit environment?

I.

Oh, that makes sense.
SOGo team doesn't offer packages for Ubuntu i386/i686.

That was it, right enough - rebuild on amd64 VM and it works fine.. means a change of plans however, as the physical box intended as a mailserver is old enough to be x86 only.

I'll try this out on VM, then see about buying a newer PC for it.

Thanks though! big_smile