1 (edited by duy_dang2110 2015-07-21 12:06:03)

Topic: Change Domain Name

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 1.8.2
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version:
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): Mysql
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): apache
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro?
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
====
Hi all ,
My Company would like to change from  a.com domain to b.com domain on the same server  and keep all user information ( mail data , password ) , the only way I can do is change all record in my database, I need to do it manualy . Could you please show me the easy way to do that ? thank you so much .

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Change Domain Name

An easier way is: assign your new domain as an alias domain of old domain name. You can manage it with iRedAdmin-Pro:

1) Go to domain profile page
2) Click tab 'Aliases'. Add new domain as an alias domain name.

This should be better if your customers still contact you with old email address.

If you want to get rid of old domain name completely, there's more work to do:

*) Update all records in SQL database which contain old domain name.
2) Rename maildir path '/var/vmail/vmail1/[old_domain]' to '/var/vmail/vmail1/[new_domain]'.

Hi ZhangHuangbin ,
I'm clear about change sql records , but why I have to rename maildir path ? I still wonder .

If you don't change the maildir part of the SQL, and only change the other columns then no, you will not need to change your directory structure.

Column `mailbox.maildir` stores the mail domain name, so you will need to rename it if you changed `mailbox.maildir`.

Thank you two .