======== Required information ====
- iRedMail version 0.9.1
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Ubuntu
- Store mail accounts in which backend (MySQL):
- Web server (Apache):
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? No
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
====

Hello, I have setup iRedMail and it's working very fine. There is a problem, I am trying to look to fix for but can not find. These are the steps to reproduce:

Settings -> Filters -> In the second column (Filters not FiltersSet), I add a new filter as:

For Incoming mail: all messages
execute following actions:
Redirect message to: abc1@abc.com
Redirect message to: abc2@abc.com
Redirect message to: abc3@abc.com
Redirect message to: abc4@abc.com

This works fine, if I provide only 4 email addresses but if I provide more than 4, the redirect filter doesn't work. Can someone please put me on the right track to fix this?

Regards...

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Redirect Incoming Mail Filter

Did you find 'sieve_max_redirects =' in `plugin {}` block in /etc/dovecot/dovecot.conf? It's 4 by default (set by Dovecot), you can increase it. For example:

plugin {
    sieve_max_redirects = 10
}

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

sieve_max_redirects = 10

There is nothing like sieve_max_redirects in the dovecot.conf file.

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

Did you find 'sieve_max_redirects =' in `plugin {}` block in /etc/dovecot/dovecot.conf? It's 4 by default (set by Dovecot), you can increase it. For example:

plugin {
    sieve_max_redirects = 10
}

Thanks, I did that and it worked. Thanks a lot. Is there any max limit or unlimited can work? Or is there any way to set unlimited redirects? Something like (-1 etc)?

Check Dovecot wiki (search 'sieve_max_redirects'):
http://wiki2.dovecot.org/Pigeonhole/Sieve/Configuration

sieve_max_redirects =

The maximum number of redirect actions that can be performed during a single script execution. The meaning of 0 differs based on your version. For versions v0.3.0 and beyond this means that redirect is prohibited. For older versions, however, this means that the number of redirects is unlimited, so be careful.

@Zhang I have set the value for sieve_max_redirects to 500 but once I add 33 emails, it fails. It does not send email. Is there any hidden limit of 32 or anywhere where I could really increase the limit?

I have no idea since Dovecot document doesn't mention this. I suggest you ask in Dovecot mailing list to get support from developers.