Topic: Install Failure..

After having installed iRedMail twice before, once on a Debian host, and again on the current host, and having had
zero issues either time, I thought this install would go without a problem... Wasn't to be..
==== Required information ====
-iRedMail version 0.9.2
-Ubuntu 14.04/32bit
-MySQL (and MariaDB, on the second install try)
-Apache

Following the install instructions, all went well up to the following...

dpkg: error processing package mariadb-server-5.5 (--configure):
subprocess installed post-installation script returned error exit status 127
Setting up mariadb-client (5.5.44-1ubuntu0.14.04.1) ...
dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of mariadb-server:
mariadb-server depends on mariadb-server-5.5 (>= 5.5.44-1ubuntu0.14.04.1); however:
  Package mariadb-server-5.5 is not configured yet.

dpkg: error processing package mariadb-server (--configure):
dependency problems - leaving unconfigured
Processing triggers for libc-bin (2.19-0ubuntu6) ...
Errors were encountered while processing:
mariadb-server-5.5
mariadb-server
E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)
<< ERROR >> Installation failed, please check the terminal output.
<< ERROR >> If you're not sure what the problem is, try to get help in iRedMail
<< ERROR >> forum: http://www.iredmail.org/forum/
root@mail:~/iRedMail-0.9.2#

I retried the install using mysql and got the same error(s)... The Ubuntu install is a freshly installed Ubuntu 14.04
OpenVZ container, with 3GB of ram

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Install Failure..

*) Do you use any third-party apt repositories in /etc/apt/sources.list?
*) Do you have any 'mariadb*' package installed on server before installing iRedMail?
*) Did you upgrade all packages to the latest version with 'apt-get upgrade' before installing iRedMail?

3 (edited by LVDave 2015-07-03 05:40:00)

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

*) Do you use any third-party apt repositories in /etc/apt/sources.list?
*) Do you have any 'mariadb*' package installed on server before installing iRedMail?
*) Did you upgrade all packages to the latest version with 'apt-get upgrade' before installing iRedMail?

No third party repos,

There was no mysql or mariadb on the system prior to running the install script. The Ubuntu 14.04 container template that this vps vendor uses is seriously stripped, which I understand is the way iRedMail needs the target system. I did an apt-get upgrade of the base system before running the install script the first time. The first time when it choked on using MySQL, which I'm more familiar with, I tried rerunning it with MariaDB, and got the same error..
The only reason I'm having to reinstall iRedMail is the OpenVZ host that my container runs on got some sort of data corruption killing my (and quite a few others) nodes. The vendor just this morning put a new template in for me, and
I'm desparately trying to get this mail server back up...

Thanks..

I'm not quite sure whether or not it's a OpenVZ related issue. Is it possible to restore it to the initial template OS and let me try to install iRedMail on it? I will try to figure out the root cause and fix it. After we fixed it, you can restore it to the template OS and install iRedMail yourself for a production server.

Mail me directly if it's ok for you: http://www.iredmail.org/contact.html

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

I'm not quite sure whether or not it's a OpenVZ related issue. Is it possible to restore it to the initial template OS and let me try to install iRedMail on it? I will try to figure out the root cause and fix it. After we fixed it, you can restore it to the template OS and install iRedMail yourself for a production server.

Mail me directly if it's ok for you: http://www.iredmail.org/contact.html

Well I seem to have fixed it.. Not sure why an "apt-get dist-upgrade" straightened out the install problem.. Its especially odd since I did that prior to my first attempt at installing iRedMail.. Why doing it again after two failures fixed the issue.. Hopefully setting up of the 4 other domains will go smoothly..

Thanks
Dave