Topic: FreeBDS Package installation vs installed via iRedmail inst. script

I have came across the situation where iRedMail didn't get properly install packages with the version iRedMail-0.6.0-rc1.tar.bz2 then I use the iRedMail-0412.zip script found on one of posts and im still continue the installation.

The previous iRedMail has installed some applications and the new script quites if there the package already installed from previous script. It is not an issue with the script but it is behavior of the FreeBSD but the script exists. The issue is the installation take long time because freebds compiles the package which takes long time and complains the given package already installed when it tries to install it.

To continue the install I have to deinstall the package and re-execute the script.

Would it be possible to update the script to check the package already installed and if it is not, then continue the package installations else skip the package installation and continue?

Here is what I'm getting right now

===>  Installing for postfix-policyd-sf-1.82,1
===>   Generating temporary packing list
===>  Checking if mail/postfix-policyd-sf already installed
===>   postfix-policyd-sf-1.82,1 is already installed
      You may wish to ``make deinstall'' and install this port again
      by ``make reinstall'' to upgrade it properly.
      If you really wish to overwrite the old port of mail/postfix-policyd-sf
      without deleting it first, set the variable "FORCE_PKG_REGISTER"
      in your environment or the "make install" command line.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/mail/postfix-policyd-sf.
< ERROR > Port was not success installed, please fix it manually and then re-execute this script.

Is there a solution for this or it is a behavior when using different version of scripts?

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: FreeBDS Package installation vs installed via iRedmail inst. script

Really good idea.

The problem is, how can we know it depend on which ports via command line? e.g. pkg_info or other builtin commands.

3 (edited by hirantha 2010-05-25 00:56:42)

Re: FreeBDS Package installation vs installed via iRedmail inst. script

Just an idea, you can check against the /var/db/pkg. It is the directory which contains a list of everything you have installed!