==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version: iRedMail-0.9.0
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MySQL
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Apache
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: CentOS 6.6
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
====

Hi,

I was wondering If I could use my mailing server on some other server. I tried doing that It seems some unseen issue is there and I'm not able to relay.

Could you please tell me how do I go about fixing this? Thanks.

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Using the mailing server credentials on some other server

If you want to send email from other servers via your iredmail server,  you have 2 options:
- either use a MTA capable of SMTP AUTH and provide valid username and password,
- or if you trust the whole servers add IPs of your servers into mynetworks on the postfix server

The topic title is "Using the mailing server credentials on some other server", do you just want to use the account credential, or send email via your iRedMail server?

I just want to send the mail from the iRedMail server from another server where the application such as Interspire is installed. Right now some issue is there and I can only send when the application is installed on the same server where iRedMail is installed.

So what I'm doing is taking the login credentials and putting it into the account in Interspire hosted on another server where there is no iRedMail installed. Hope I'm clear this time.

And thanks @camel1cz for the help

The credentials will work just fine, look at our docs on how to connect with a mail client, follow similar instructions regarding hostname, Port and connection type

I'm not sure If I'm complicating the stuffs but what I need is:

an iRedMail server at abc.com
and Interspire application server at xyz.com

I just want to use the SMTP details of of the iRedMail server at abc.com in the Interspire application at xyz.com server. When I try doing that now, I get Relay Access denied error.

When the iRedMail server and Interspire is on the same server say abc.com then there's no problem and I can send the mail. But the mailing server and application servers are different then the problem creeps in.

I want the mailing server and application server to be different and still be able to send the mails. Not sure how do I go about that?

My answer above is valid for your situation. If you go the SMTP AUTH way and it doesn't work, try to enable debug on both client and server and watch logs...
You shouldn't get relaying denied errors after successful authentication - just guessing - it seems auth failed and was silently ignored by interspire?

I'm not sure why would authentication fail there when It's working fine elsewhere with the given user credentials?

It was just one of possible reasons - I understand, you use interspire. Maybe you did some mistake in the configuration of SMTP?
If you run interspire on the same host as iRedMail, the mail is accepted because of IP relaying, so it would work even without SMTP credentials entered...

anything to do with relay smtps-relay_restrictions as found on this page http://www.postfix.org/SMTPD_ACCESS_README.html But again If that is the case I couldn't find anything in the main.cf