Topic: [Multiple] About session, rememeber me on login and identities

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version: 0.9.0 (iRedAdmin 1.9.2)
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL):  MySQL
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Apache
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Debian 7
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
====

Hi, i've multiple cuestions:

Why sessions are expired so fast?, sometimes I login on the server and just two clicks later i've to relog again (less than 5 seconds). Sometimes while i'm working the session expires too. Why don't expiry on inactivity time?

The "Stay signed in" box is not working for me, I always have to relog.

Is there any way to create identities for an user instead a new account?, something similar to alias but with the ability of send emails, for example:
- The account is "user@domain.com"
- Create a new identity vinculed to "user@domain.com" called "identity@domain.com"
- You can send emails as "identity@domain.com" using the "user@domain.com" account, and all mails received by "identity@domain.com" are redirected to "user@domain.com".

Thanks!!

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: [Multiple] About session, rememeber me on login and identities

Roundcube Identities are Sending only - you'd have to add one of those and an alias through iRedAdmin (for receiving) - to enable adding Identities change your roundcube configuration to allow them. You will have to use an iRedAPD Plugin to manage who can send as who though - otherwise you will be restricted from sending as the second user (Since your SASL username doesn't match the Sender)

Sessions in what are expiring too quickly? iRedAdmin or Roundcube?

With the latest iRedAdmin-Pro release, session times out in 30 minutes. Not sure why it doesn't work as expected on your server. Here's suggestions to fix it:

*) Empty your web browser cache first.
*) Run script 'tools/delete_sessions.py' (shipped in iRedAdmin-Pro) to delete all existing sessions. This will force all admins to re-login.

# cd /path/to/iRedAdmin-Pro/
# python tools/delete_sessions.py

*) Set session time out in iRedAdmin-Pro config file 'settings.py':

# Session times out in seconds. 1800 -> 30 minutes.
SESSION_TIMEOUT = 1800

Note: 1800 seconds is default value defined in 'libs/default_settings.py'.

InformaticaTTU wrote:

Is there any way to create identities for an user instead a new account?, something similar to alias but with the ability of send emails, for example:

This is alias user address. It's not yet implemented in SQL backends, but available in LDAP backend for very long time.
I have plan to implement this in SQL backends, hope it will be available in iRedMail-0.9.2 (upcoming iRedMail-0.9.1 will be available very soon):
https://bitbucket.org/zhb/iredmail/issu … vmailalias

Note: especially check content about "user alias address".

5 (edited by InformaticaTTU 2015-05-14 22:33:49)

7t3chguy wrote:

Roundcube Identities are Sending only - you'd have to add one of those and an alias through iRedAdmin (for receiving) - to enable adding Identities change your roundcube configuration to allow them. You will have to use an iRedAPD Plugin to manage who can send as who though - otherwise you will be restricted from sending as the second user (Since your SASL username doesn't match the Sender)

Thanks, but the problem is that even if rouncube can use identities, the server don't allow to send an email as another address (login missmatch).

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

With the latest iRedAdmin-Pro release, session times out in 30 minutes. Not sure why it doesn't work as expected on your server. Here's suggestions to fix it:

*) Empty your web browser cache first.
*) Run script 'tools/delete_sessions.py' (shipped in iRedAdmin-Pro) to delete all existing sessions. This will force all admins to re-login.

# cd /path/to/iRedAdmin-Pro/
# python tools/delete_sessions.py

*) Set session time out in iRedAdmin-Pro config file 'settings.py':

# Session times out in seconds. 1800 -> 30 minutes.
SESSION_TIMEOUT = 1800

Note: 1800 seconds is default value defined in 'libs/default_settings.py'.

InformaticaTTU wrote:

This is alias user address. It's not yet implemented in SQL backends, but available in LDAP backend for very long time.
I have plan to implement this in SQL backends, hope it will be available in iRedMail-0.9.2 (upcoming iRedMail-0.9.1 will be available very soon):
https://bitbucket.org/zhb/iredmail/issu … vmailalias

Note: especially check content about "user alias address".

I'll try later, thanks!!.
I don't know if maybe is a Firefox problem.

Waiting for the 0.9.2 version wink

Greetings!!

Should be a Firefox problem, because i've done all you said but in about 5-10 minutes the session is dead.

InformaticaTTU wrote:

Should be a Firefox problem, because i've done all you said but in about 5-10 minutes the session is dead.

Did you try other web browser? e.g. Google Chrome.

ZhangHuangbin wrote:
InformaticaTTU wrote:

Did you try other web browser? e.g. Google Chrome.

Hi,

I didn't, but now i've tried to use Google Chrome and same behavior, in about 15 minutes the session is closed (maybe before).

Can be any configuration of Apache server?

Greetings!!

InformaticaTTU wrote:

in about 15 minutes the session is closed (maybe before).

Could you please check 'SESSION_TIMEOUT' setting in both settings.py and libs/default_settings.py?

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

Could you please check 'SESSION_TIMEOUT' setting in both settings.py and libs/default_settings.py?

In "settings.py" don't exists, and in "default_settings.py" is 1800, but i think i've found the problem. We have three different IP addresses, then the problem is "SESSION_IGNORE_CHANGE_IP = False". I think is better to leave it as "false" for security reasons, then i'll have to tolerate that behaviour.

Thanks and greetings!!

That makes sense. Let me know whether it works for you or not. smile

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

That makes sense. Let me know whether it works for you or not. smile

No, is not working for me... I've changed the SESSION_IGNORE_CHANGE_IP to True but in about 5 minutes the session is expired.

Did you restart Apache or uwsgi (if you're running Nginx) service after changed this setting?

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

Did you restart Apache or uwsgi (if you're running Nginx) service after changed this setting?

Yes, even i've tried to set that option in settings.py first, and how did not work then in default_settings.py.

I have no idea yet, just SESSION_TIMEOUT and SESSION_IGNORE_CHANGE_IP control session settings, no additional settings.
Sorry.

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

I have no idea yet, just SESSION_TIMEOUT and SESSION_IGNORE_CHANGE_IP control session settings, no additional settings.
Sorry.

Nah, don't worry, I can live with that. I'm using the panel about 2 times at month...

Greetings!!