Topic: New Installation Requirements

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version: 0.9.1
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): PGSQL
- Web server (Apache or Nginx):
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version:
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
====

Good day, we have some questions regarding configuration of iRedMail, hope I can explain myself correctly, english is not my native language.

We would like to install iRedmail and iRedAdmin-Pro for our company in a dedicated server, wich is hosted in another company.
These are the specifications of the server.

Processor: 3.3GHz Quad-Core E3-1230 v3 Haswell Xeon
Memory: 16GB DDR3
Primary Hard Drive: 2000GB / SATA III
Operating System: CentOS 6.x / Linux / Other
IP Addresses: 3 x IPv4 & 2 x IPv6
Bandwidth: 10 TB / 100 Mbps Port (monthly)

We're about 35-40 people in the office and planning to use a PGSQL backend, my question is, are these settings ok for us? Do we need more bandwith?

We're also going to buy a support ticket $99 for fresh installation of iRedmail, my question is, these installation also comes with DKIM, SSL and SPF configuration?

We have multiple domains that we would like to import into our iRedmail, I understand that we need a SSL certificate that can secure multi-domain, is this right? In case I'm right, do you provide these certificates also, or do you recommend one?

Hope my post is not to long.
Thanks a lot.

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: New Installation Requirements

The Specs HEAVILY depend on mail-flow - not amount of users. If you have a lot of emails flowing through every hour - or large emails then this server will get stressed but I doubt - unless you are heavily sending and receiving that it'll ever bottleneck.
The Installation Tickets are normally solely over SSH - DKIM, SPF records have to be done on your DNS Provider's side, SSL is set up by default (Your own Cert just has to be copied over)

Try to estimate your usage - mailflow per hour at peak, upper quartile average of mail size, (any attachments), (zips, archives take longer as they have to be unpacked to be scanned for example)

SSL Certs are not provided by us, and are best getting from a provider you trust or have an offer with. You can also get one for free from StartSSL, or even a single certificate from WoSign (FREE) which will cover up to 101 domains+subdomains.
Free Certs (from the two companies I mentioned at least) do not have any security issues, they are just as save as Paid certificates.

Thanks for your quick answers.
The mail-flow is mostly indoor mail and not that big attachments are being send.
Only the sales@ourdomain.com is kinda receiving/sending about 10-20 emails/hour.

I think the hosting provider also provides SSL Certs, I'll have a quick chat with them.

One last question, what linux distro do you recommend? I have some previous experience with ubuntu server but I'll really like to know your opinion.
Thanks again.

Use the distribution that you are most comfortable with managing, I run an iRedMail server on Ubuntu 14.04.2 and find it perfect - Your server will be a few times more powerful than it needs to be - it'll be under-utilized

Thanks a lot.
I have another question regarding SSL certs, can I add multiple mail domains in iRedmail and a SSL cert like the one from StartSSL Free will secure all the emails for those domains or will only work for one? Or do I need to buy the StartSSL™ Identity Verified wich offers Multiple Domains (UCC)? I really can't figure it out this one.

I was also checking this SSL Cert, wich is the one that our hosting provider offers: https://www.positivessl.com/ssl-positiv … e48cd5a101

I think I'll procede with the rent of the server with ubuntu 14.04 LTS and then buy the installation ticket + iRedadmin Pro, but first I want to clear all my doubts regarding SSL.

Thanks

It is a huge pain to add multiple SSL Certs for mail (except WebMail which is easy as cake)
so Multiple Domains would be by far the best
for Web you can have as many SSL Certs using TLS SNI
but SMTP IMAP and POP3 don't fully utilise this - so only really work with a single Cert

I think I'll stick with the StartSSL multiple-domain cert then.
We placed the order for the server and when is ready we will buy the iRedAdmin Pro license and ticket installation.
Thanks for all your help.