Topic: iRedMail-0.9.1 on Wheezy and Jessie

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version:
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL):
- Web server (Apache or Nginx):
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version:
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
====
I forgot to mention that I use the LDAP backend so what you read below only covers using the LDAP backend. And I also forgot to mention that even if cluebringer is not in Debian Jessie upgrading will not remove your cluebringer in Wheezy and after upgrade cluebringer continues to work as before.

Hi all,

I had iRedMail-0.9.0 running on Debian Wheezy and as you my all know Debian Jessie was released last month as the new stable release of Debian which would require and update of my Debian as well as an update to iRedMail-0.9.1. To do that I did the following:

1) Since my server runs virtualized I made a snapshot before changing anything
2) Upgraded to iRedMail-0.9.1 on Wheezy which proofed to work
3) Upgraded to Debian Jessie which also proofed to work after fixing rsyslog.conf.

The fix to rsyslog.conf was something added by a previous release of iRedMail which was working fine on Wheezy but prevented syslog to start on Jessie. The following fix must be done to have a working syslog in Jessie:
/etc/rsyslog.conf on Wheezy
local4.*                                                -/var/log/openldap.log
local1.*                                                -
/etc/rsyslog.conf as it must be on Jessie
local4.*                                                /var/log/openldap.log
local1.*                                                |/dev/xconsole

As a last remark I can say that upgrading to iRedMail-0.9.1 is definitely possible on Debian Wheezy and runs without any problems even the new requirements to extra python packages for iRedAdmin can be fulfilled by the packages in the repository for Debian Wheezy although they are older versions than the once found in Debian Jessie. So if you for some reason is prevented to upgrade to Debian Jessie you can still upgrade to latest version of iRedMail and later upgrade to Jessie when the time is more right for you.

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.