Topic: Roundcube migration

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version: 0.9.0
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MySQL
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Nginx
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: CentOS 7
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
====

I'm doing a test run for a migration from iRedMail 0.8.7 to 0.9.0 (and the latest Admin Pro of course) on a new server and for now things seem to be working ok... but when I got to the upgrade of Roundcube I couldn't really find much information. 
What I did was drop the database that came with the new installation and replaced it with the old one.  I logged into an account actively using Roundcube and everything seems to be there... but I still think it's a bit dodgy as the new version is running on an old database structure now and some docs I found mention database migration (only automated during installation though, which I can't do as it's installed along with iredmail). 

Could you confirm that that's ok?  Or should I try merging both databases instead?

And FYI, the old Roundcube version was 0.9.5, the new one 1.0.4

Cheers

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Roundcube migration

After imported old database on new server, you should run 'bin/updatedb.sh' under Roundcube (1.0.4) directory to update SQL structure.

By the way, iRedMail-0.9.1 has been released moment ago. smile
http://www.iredmail.org/download.html

Re: Roundcube migration

The updatedb.sh file was not an option as it's php code which seems to be using parameters when called from another upgrade script.

I did manage to update the database manually by combining all statements per version since the one I had.  They are in the SQL/mysql directory and I found the version number in the database.  So that was easy enough... if anyone needs some help with this I'd be happy to share more info.

Thanks for the hint in the right direction... and all the great work wink