Topic: [SOLVED]ERROR 5.5.4 on 'confirm read'

======== Required information ====
- iRedMail version: 0.9.0
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MYSQL
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Apache2
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Ubuntu Server LTS
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
====

I have a 'strange' probelm: when i recevie a confirmation reading from my own domain or external domains, if i use a mail client and click on 'Confirm Read' it works, but if I reply clikking on the 'ok' button of the notice from RoundCube I receive a 5.5.4 error:

The mesage is: Error SMTP 5.5.4 - failed to enter the recipient xxxx@xxx.xx Receipient address rejected. Access denied.

I've googled around andhe two major results where:
   1. ip ha been blacklisted
   2. ip has not reverse DNS
But I verified both and the ip has a reverse DNS setup and the ip is not present in any blacklist.

What make me confused is that giving confirmation form an email client (tried thunderbird, outlook, mail (osx) produces no error and confirmation mail is regulary sent.

Any hint on the reason ?

Attached the 554 popup errro from roundcube.

Post's attachments

Errore554.png
Errore554.png 31.08 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: [SOLVED]ERROR 5.5.4 on 'confirm read'

According to RFC2298, return receipt envelope sender address must be empty. If you have iRedAPD plugin reject_null_sender enabled, it will reject return receipt response. To solve this issue, you can set below setting in Roundcube config file config/config.inc.php:

* on RHEL/CentOS/OpenBSD, it's /var/www/roundcubemail/config/config.inc.php.
* on Debian/Ubuntu, it's /usr/share/apache2/roundcubemail/config/config.inc.php.
* on FreeBSD, it's /usr/local/www/roundcube/config/config.inc.php.

$config['mdn_use_from'] = true;

Re: [SOLVED]ERROR 5.5.4 on 'confirm read'

ZhangHuangbin wrote:
$config['mdn_use_from'] = true;

Done modification, restarted and tested: everyting worked fine.

Thanks a lot !!

JC