Topic: Sender address rejected

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version:
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL):
- Web server (Apache or Nginx):
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version:
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
====

I'm using IredMail with my ubuntu server and it's working fine, one of our client can't send email to our domain as they got sender address rejected error.

The error is somehing like below,

bolt15b.mxthunder.net gave this error:
<client@clientsdomain.com>: Sender address rejected: client@clientsdomain.com is not allowed to send email to me@mydomain.com.

Your message wasn't delivered due to a permission or security issue. It may have been rejected by a moderator, the address may only accept e-mail from certain senders, or another restriction may be preventing delivery.

I have add client Ip to ignore list through fail2ban, there is no blockage through firewall.
Is there any log of rejected emails so may i could resolve the error ?

Any Help ?

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Sender address rejected

/var/log/mail.log logs everything needed
Is your client trying to send to an alias/mailing list? These are the only things that have permission settings.

I have set forwarder through postfix any incoming or outgoing email gets forward to archive@mydomain.com alongwith that i'm using third party spam filter and i have white list client domain to my spam filter service as well.

I'm not getting any log relating to reject email.

If no log in /var/log/mail.log (or maillog), this email might be rejected by your spam filter or network firewall. I suggest you check them first.

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

If no log in /var/log/mail.log (or maillog), this email might be rejected by your spam filter or network firewall. I suggest you check them first.

Thanks for your reply, the issue is resolve now, it was spam filter issue.

Thanks