==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version: 0.9.0
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MySQL
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Apache
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: 14.0.4.1 LTS
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
====

Hello,

I have set up a Mail Server on a Cloud VPS and so far so good. The installation went fine and I can send email from the server (via Roundcube)

I am using the MailGun relay to send/receive the email and I have set up the correct routes and they log that it was all accepted.

My only issue has been, that when sending from my Gmail account, I do not receive the email on the server... at least not straight away. I do seem to get it eventually. I originally thought this was to do with the VPS having low memory, so I upped it to 2GB, but I am still not getting emails from Gmail (even though MailGun says it's been accepted)

I tailed the Mail log after sending from Gmail but nothing came through.

What other logs can I check for these types of issues? Also any other help is greatly appreciated.

Regards,

- Chris

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Sending From Gmail Doesn't Work

Hi Chris,
Did you check if its greylisting?

Look under the cluebringer.conf and set it to 0

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

Yes Greylisting is set to 0

# Greylisting module
[Greylisting]
enable=0

This was one of the first things I did.

FYI I am trying now without the MailGun relay enabled, and it's still not receiving.

As I said, I am not sure which Log files I should be looking in for incoming mail.

there is only one mail log.
/var/log/mail.log
Inbound/Outbound both get logged in there along with other things.

Did you restart postfix-cluebringer or only change the config value?

Thanks for the clarification with the Mail log. I don't see any log info when sending from Gmail (or any other - i.e. my work email).

And I originally didn't restart that postfix-cluebringer service, but I have now and further testing hasn't brought the email to the inbox.

Is this issue solved then?
And are you seeing anything in your mail.log?

No I still wasn't receiving any email, although the emails do get logged by MailGun, but they don't seem to route to the mail server (and I do have a Route setup)

I think it could be my DNS, my SPF and DKIM were set up wrong (forgot the quotes) so gonna see if that's an issue.

Worst case, I have to start again...

Seems my DNS issue was sorted. I had put the wrong values, and now MailGun has verified them.

I think I have my Routes set up correctly, because I get the logs in MailGun...

Seems it just doesn't send to my server. Also I get nothing in the Log about anything being attempted to be sent.