Topic: Amavisd.mailaddr not clearing after removal from blacklist

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version: 0.9.0
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): mysql
- Web server (Apache or Nginx):apache
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: centos 6.6
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
====

I was fiddling about with the new per user white/blacklist and I found 2 things.

1. When adding an email address a particular users blacklist, it appears in  the database.table amavisd.mailaddr, however, when I remove these entries from iRedadmin-Pro, the entries still remain in the database. Mails still go through however, which is odd since the blacklisted user is still stuck in the database. Is this normal? I don't want that table filling up with junk.

2. When I setup a blacklist for a user, and that user has a forward setup, the blacklist will block the email to localhost(dovecot/roundcube), however, the email will still be forwarded to to whatever you are forwarding emails to and not dropped.

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Amavisd.mailaddr not clearing after removal from blacklist

amora wrote:

1. When adding an email address a particular users blacklist, it appears in  the database.table amavisd.mailaddr, however, when I remove these entries from iRedadmin-Pro, the entries still remain in the database. Mails still go through however, which is odd since the blacklisted user is still stuck in the database. Is this normal? I don't want that table filling up with junk.

It's normal.

*) Email addresses used by white/blacklists are stored in `amavisd.mailaddr`, white/blacklists are defined in `amavisd.wblist`. Removing white/blacklists will remove records in `amavisd.wblist`, but not `amavisd.mailaddr`.

*) Records in `amavisd.mailaddr` will be used by other SQL tables (if any). And it will be cleaned up with (daily) cron job shipped in iRedAdmin: 'tools/cleanup_amavisd_db.py'.

amora wrote:

2. When I setup a blacklist for a user, and that user has a forward setup, the blacklist will block the email to localhost(dovecot/roundcube), however, the email will still be forwarded to to whatever you are forwarding emails to and not dropped.

Do you have iRedAPD plugin `amavisd_wblist` enabled? This plugin will reject emails during smtp session, before email queued by Postfix (and forwarding).

Show us output of below command please:

# grep 'plugins' /opt/iredapd/settings.py

I do
plugins = ["reject_null_sender", "amavisd_wblist", "sql_alias_access_policy", "sql_user_restrictions"]

Please turn on debug mode in iRedAPD, then restart it. Send one more testing email (from that blacklisted user), any error log in its log file (/var/log/iredapd.log)? Reference: http://www.iredmail.org/docs/debug.iredapd.html

Thats strange, I can't seem to replicate the behavior anymore.
Never-mind I guess, I'll poke at it a bit more to see if it happens again.

Thanks anyway!