==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version:
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL):
- Web server (Apache or Nginx):
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version:
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
====

Hello,

I'm using IRedMail and it's great. I wanted to disable spam filtering services so i use the below mention suggestion.

content_filter = smtp-amavis:[127.0.0.1]:10024
receive_override_options = no_address_mappings  # <- it's ok if you don't have this line

but still some of the mail are getting filtered as my mail are going in junk folder.

also let me know  what does "smtp-amavis_destination_recipient_limit = 1" means ?

Regards,

Majid Hussain

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Disable Incoming Email Filtering

http://www.iredmail.org/docs/completely … assin.html

Well as i mentioned i have tried below mentioned thing

content_filter = smtp-amavis:[127.0.0.1]:10024
receive_override_options = no_address_mappings  # <- it's ok if you don't have this line

as mentioned in your post but still some of the email are getting filtured.

further if i stop amavis service , does this effect on my mail sever ?

Regards,

Majid Hussain

It says to

Comment out below two lines in Postfix config file /etc/postfix/main.cf, then restart Postfix service.

If you stop Amavis, all Mail will be locked in queue until it is yet again started. Unless you comment out the lines you mentioned. And then Stop Amavis.

7t3chguy wrote:

If you stop Amavis, all Mail will be locked in queue until it is yet again started. Unless you comment out the lines you mentioned. And then Stop Amavis.

I had comment the line but forgot to stop the service,  now i have disable the service, further let me know what does this command means

"smtp-amavis_destination_recipient_limit = 1"

Regards,

Majid Hussain

You wouldn't have to stop the service. As Postfix would just not contact it after a postfix reload. That setting is related to quarantine http://www.iredmail.org/forum/topic2133 … avior.html

7t3chguy wrote:

You wouldn't have to stop the service. As Postfix would just not contact it after a postfix reload. That setting is related to quarantine http://www.iredmail.org/forum/topic2133 … avior.html

Ok then, i have commented the lines as i mentioned and again restarted amavis as you suggested. I'll get back to you if my incoming email gets filtered.

Regards,

Majid Hussain

Restart Postfix...

7t3chguy wrote:

Restart Postfix...

Restarted.

Amavisd is invoked by Postfix with setting 'content_filter = ...:10024', if you disable this setting and restart Postfix service, NEW incoming emails will not go through Amavisd+SpamAssassin+ClamAV.