Topic: Call for testers: Bulk add/import LDAP mail users
We've created a new script tool for adding/importing LDAP mail users, please help to test. Patches/suggestions are always welcome
Download script here:
http://iredmail.googlecode.com/svn/trun … penLDAP.py
We wrote this script with Python, so that it can handle non-ASCII characters, such as Chinese, Korea, Japanese, etc.
* Install python first:
If you have iRedMail installed, it should be ready. If not, you can install it like this:
- RHEL/CentOS: # yum install python
- Debian/Ubuntu: # sudo apt-get install python
- Install python module: python-ldap.
- RHEL/CentOS: # yum install python-ldap
- Debian/Ubuntu: # sudo apt-get install python-ldap
- Write down or export your user accounts in a CSV format plain text file, e.g. users.csv.
You can execute the script directly to get file format example:
$ python create_mail_user_OpenLDAP.py
- Execute the script to convert CSV file to LDIF format:
$ python create_mail_user_OpenLDAP.py users.csv
It will generate a new file 'users.csv.ldif'.
- User ldapadd command or phpLDAPadmin to import this LDIF file.
Note: Currently, it only support 5 fields:
* Domain name
* Username (userpart in email address)
* Command name (cn)
* Mail quota
If you need to support more fields, please reply below with more details.
Thanks for your test and feedback
- Urgent issue? Pay iRedMail developer to solve it remotely at $39.