Topic: Iredmail and postfix 3

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version: 0.9.0
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): mysql
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): nginx
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: FreeBSD 10.1
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
====
It is recommend to install on fresh iredmail servers. If I have installed mysql and nginx for the site, can I use iredmail for personal mail server (up to 10 boxes and mailing list subscribers to 1000) LDAP or Mysql? Do you support postfix 3?
as when installing choose to use postfix 3?

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Iredmail and postfix 3

Magi wrote:

If I have installed mysql and nginx for the site, can I use iredmail for personal mail server (up to 10 boxes and mailing list subscribers to 1000) LDAP or Mysql?

Please install iRedMail on a fresh server, otherwise it may override your existing mysql/nginx config files.

And, iRedMail allows you to create unlimited mailboxes and mailing lists (with unlimited members).

Magi wrote:

Do you support postfix 3?

didn't test Postfix 3 yet, but you're free to test it if you like: change preferred postfix version in file 'functions/packages_freebsd.sh'.

How change postfix version in packages_freebsd.sh?
mail_postfix change to mail_postfix-current ?

You can find line like below (about line 480):

ALL_PORTS="${ALL_PORTS} mail/postfix"                                                                                     

Change the port name to the one you want. And replace 'mail_postfix' by the new name.

Curious, why do you want to try Postfix 3? Just want to use the latest software?

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

You can find line like below (about line 480):

ALL_PORTS="${ALL_PORTS} mail/postfix"                                                                                     

Change the port name to the one you want. And replace 'mail_postfix' by the new name.

Curious, why do you want to try Postfix 3? Just want to use the latest software?

Thanks. Maybe it's wrong, but yes smile