1 (edited by slowy 2015-04-02 06:25:07)

Topic: Internal Server Error

======== Required information ====
- iRedMail version: 0.9.0
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MySQL
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Apache
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty
- Related log if you're reporting an issue: https://hercule.netw0rk.ch/error.log
====

Hi,

I tried to install iRedMail 0.9.0 to have an easy-to-manage mail server.
My problem is: when I try to go on the page myserver.com/iredadmin, I get this error : 500 Internal Server Error (link to the apache log above).

Also, when I try to connect on roundcube, I get this error : "Error connecting to server storage" (translated from french) : http://puu.sh/gYbYE/01bf691ebc.png

I tried to use my postmaster account with thunderbird, to see if the mail server was working, so it is indeed recognizing my mail server but it says that my login or password is incorrect : http://puu.sh/gYbUN/7eac57734e.png

Thank you for your help smile

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Internal Server Error

Did you restart the server after installation?

yes I did

I guess the installation was not success, a easy and quick way to fix it is reinstall OS then iRedMail. This time, please keep checking the terminal output, if there's some error message, paste them here, so that others can help troubleshoot.

Usually, if you follow our installation guide strictly, the installation should be very easy and successful.

5 (edited by slowy 2015-04-02 09:21:41)

Actually I cannot reinstall the OS, this is a server with a lot of other services using mysql, phpmyadmin and a lot of other stuff...

I am not the owner of the server, and reinstalling the OS would means to reinstall every services that everyone is using, reconfigure them...etc

The installation of iRedMail made these services unusable, I had to purge the installation of all phpmyadmin and mysql packages with apt-get --purge remove [...] and dpkg --purge [...], and reinstall it to make these work back.

Once I did that I rebooted the server.

I hope there is another way instead of reinstalling the OS, because that would take so much time to reconfigure all...

Iredmail is designed to be installed on a fresh system, this is possibly the reason for your troubles

In iRedMail installation tutorials, the first paragraph is an "important warning":

IMPORTANT WARNING: iRedMail is designed to be deployed on a FRESH server system, which means your server does NOT have mail related components installed, e.g. MySQL, OpenLDAP, Postfix, Dovecot, Amavisd, etc. iRedMail will install and configure them for you automatically. Otherwise it may override your existing files/configurations althought it will backup files before modifing, and it may be not working as expected.

Okay, found an easier way to install a mail server
Thank you smile