1 (edited by k-hussein 2015-03-30 22:01:38)

Topic: Bounce tag or prvs address

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version: 0.9.0
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): LDAP
- Web server (Apache or Nginx):nginx
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Ubuntu 14.04
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
====
Hello ,
am using my smtp to send e-mails through a code fo faxing service , today I received an E-mail from the faxing provider with the following information :
Your email is set with a bounce tag or prvs address
This will be something you will need to remove from the email address so that when a fax comes through EFax will recognize it as the email address on file. It normally looks like this when you send a fax:
prvs=123456=example@example.com instead of example@example.com.

any idea about that issue ?
thanks .

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Bounce tag or prvs address

I'm a little confused, please allow me to ask:

*) What's the required email address?
*) Which part(s) should be removed in your currently used email address?
*) How do you send email?

I'll try to explain, the efax company receive mails from me to submit it as faxes.
they are now saying that they receive the e-mails from my side with bounce tag or prvs address.
for example :
they should receive the mail address from example@example.com
they are currently receiving it prvs=123456=example@example.com which may cause issues ,

How did you send email? Does your script/program used to send email perform smtp authentication? Any possibility that the email address was rewritten in network devices? E.g. a network gateway?

yes the script use SMTP authentication and I don't think the gateway is doing anything , is there any log I can check the E-mails that is being sent out to the issue ?
thanks.

Try using the same script to send to a private email like Gmail and look at the headers there