Topic: Help setting up DKIM TXT in Bind...

- iRedMail version: 0.9.0
- Store mail accounts in which backend MySQL:
- Web server Apache
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Ubuntu 14.04

I can't seem to get DKIM set up in bind correctly.  I keeps failing the amisvid-new test-keys
TESTING#1: dkim._domainkey.example.com  => invalid (public key: not available)

dkim._domainkey.example.com    3600     TXT "v=DKIM1; p=MIGfMA0GCSqGSIb3DQEBAQUAA4GNADCBiQKBgQCX4vyVsGsvgkwHgSBXBr57Mny8Z6LWAHYQ0XPKnITnsMyfbXFU2weeF3tdH+hRNFtnMxTrI26D/0IIhtdxxA8cH9ZbWP1zSiR+Cnge5EqBVHczXB1v6HZAx2m3iJcYUBBskdEE76yict58WATXTS/4vym9mTsucHrkBNXU/jYiBwIDAQAB"

Thanks in advance.....

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Help setting up DKIM TXT in Bind...

Is the server your domain's authoritative Nameserver?

7t3chguy wrote:

Is the server your domain's authoritative Nameserver?

yes  "I think"  I'll shutdown ns2.

shutting off the 2nd name server changed nothing.  So yes it is the authoritative Nameserver.

Does a third party service such as mxtoolbox see the dkim record?

7t3chguy wrote:

Does a third party service such as mxtoolbox see the dkim record?

I don't see a test for DKIM on mxtools, but here is the output from mail-tester.com  So I don't think anything sees a DKIM.

Your DNS modifications are still not applied
DomainKeys Identified Mail (DKIM) is a method for associating a domain name to an email message, thereby allowing a person, role, or organization to claim some responsibility for the message.

You recently modified your DNS, please do a new test in 12 hours.
Your old record:

Your future record:

;
;
connectiontimedout;
noserverscouldbereached

Also I see some example records using "IN" and others using "3600"?  Tried both to no avail.
I've tried one string and multi string formats for the record. 
Also do you use the same DKIM TXT for every mail domain?

No, you need to generate new DKIMs for new domains. They are tied to the Domain realm-part of the the FROM Address. MxToolBox supports it, type it in the fashion: "txt:dkim._domainkey.domain.com" replacing domain.com with your domain. Looks like your server cannot be reached for DNS Queries, so that seems to be your current issue. "connectiontimedout;
noserverscouldbereached"
Maybe its as simple as a firewall issue, maybe not,.

http://www.iredmail.org/docs/sign.dkim. … omain.html

If you want to add public DKIM key in Bind, you can copy the output of command "amavisd showkeys" to Bind config file directly.

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

If you want to add public DKIM key in Bind, you can copy the output of command "amavisd showkeys" to Bind config file directly.

Zhang- That's exactly what I have been trying to do.  show keys gives me the dkim for the domain used during installation, however even after adding the record it still fails the test.  So now I want to try to create another key for the second domain and see if I have any better luck with it.  However...

7t3chguy- I seen that guide, but can't follow it as it is for amavisd, and I'm using amavisd-new so the amavis.conf no longer exists, there is a /etc/amavis/conf.d folder with some stuff it it but clearly that guide wont work for me.

Hey Thanks alot to both of you guy's, You have a nice product and forum.

The DKIM configurations are stored in conf.d/50-user
so follow the generation and the rest of the tutorial but use the above configuration file instead

Hey thanks again guys, editing the 50-user file worked like a charm.  Well if that tut. doesn't get edited then this thread could  help a lot of folks.

Straykat wrote:

7t3chguy- I seen that guide, but can't follow it as it is for amavisd, and I'm using amavisd-new so the amavis.conf no longer exists, there is a /etc/amavis/conf.d folder with some stuff it it but clearly that guide wont work for me.

Well, when we talk about "amavisd", it's actually "amavisd-new".