1 (edited by wiirtacoha 2015-03-18 00:18:37)

Topic: iRedMail backup server

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version: 0.2.2
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): LDAP
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Apache
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Debian 6.0.9
====

I want to make a backup of iRedMail server. Backup should be made once a week. So:
1. The backup scripts provided in IRedMail wiki should do the trick, but I assume during this operation the mail process on the main mailserver should be stopped. Is there a way to walk around this?
2. Is there any option to run secondary backup mailserver simultaneously with the main mailserver?

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: iRedMail backup server

Backup MX would break greylisting. But you could run two iRedMail servers, creating Relay MX Settings on the second one to keep any incoming e-mail until the primary is back up. If you want full POP3/IMAP etc you'd have to periodically sync data, like as often as possible and even then there'd be data loss. It's a tricky task. Backup scripts shouldn't require service downtime

Re: iRedMail backup server

wiirtacoha wrote:

1. The backup scripts provided in IRedMail wiki should do the trick, but I assume during this operation the mail process on the main mailserver should be stopped. Is there a way to walk around this?

This script backs up mail accounts (which stored in SQL/LDAP), not mailboxes.

wiirtacoha wrote:

2. Is there any option to run secondary backup mailserver simultaneously with the main mailserver?

You can setup Postfix without installing iRedMail.