Topic: getting seemingly unfixable DATABASE ERROR: CONNECTION FAILED!

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version:
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL):
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version:
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
======== Required information ====
- iRedMail version: 0.9.0
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MySql
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Ubuntu 14.04 64 bit
- Related log if you're reporting an issue: https://bpaste.net/show/514c1b3e8eb5
====

Hello everyone! I'm sure you've seen this error a million times, or at least there were many entries on google. I tried to follow those, and asked for help on many various irc channels, but nothing helped, so i thought i would try you good folks. anyways, i installed iredmail on a mostly new vps (bought from demonvps) install. the install did come with apache2, but that was not by choice. i followed all of the steps shown in the installation guide, and got a message saying it installed successfully, but i still get that error. note that any attempt to login into or un/reinstall mysql has failed. thank you for any help!

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: getting seemingly unfixable DATABASE ERROR: CONNECTION FAILED!

Access denied for user 'roundcube'@'localhost'

SQL user 'roundcube' cannot access database 'roundcubemail', it could be a incorrect password configured in /usr/share/apache2/roundcubemail-1.0.4/config/config.inc.php, or incorrect privilege set in SQL database.

Please verify the sql username and password with mysql command line tool first.

By the way, as mentioned in iRedMail installation guide, iRedMail requires a new and FRESH server os, i'm not sure whether your VPS is clean and fresh.