Topic: Postfix Recipient Delimiter - after Alias

Hello Zhang,

I have got Recipient Delimiter working, but it does not work alongside catch-all, and also it does not work on aliases, like if foo@domain points to bar@domain, only bar+tag@domain will work, foo+tag@domain will result in a User doesn't exist in Virtual Table generic message, any ways you could look into solving this?

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Postfix Recipient Delimiter - after Alias

This is a known issue (delimiter with catch-all account) reported by another user about weeks ago (sorry i cannot remember the time), still no ideal solution to fix it. SOrry.

This thread only mentioned it not working on catch-alls, it also doesn't work on alias accounts as I focused on in the OP

If you check Postfix setting 'virtual_alias_maps', you will find alias and catch-all work the same way.

Good point, didn't think of that, when checking alias could you not just ignore the bit inbetween '+' and '@', so it just looks at the username without the tag on the aliases, not sure how to explain it well

7t3chguy wrote:

when checking alias could you not just ignore the bit inbetween '+' and '@', so it just looks at the username without the tag on the aliases, not sure how to explain it well

Replace 'user+xxx@domain.com' by 'user@domain.com'?

Then at least it wouldn't go to the catchall, it'd arrive at the correct inbox? Plus the Header should still have the +tag bit afterward, so if the MySQL/LDAP/PgSQL .cf file which checks user aliases would do that, in theory it should work?