Re: Postfix in iRedMail

ClamD refuses to even start, AmavisD crashed on invocation

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

The server has 1 GB memory and this mailing service is only what I'm currently running and that too just me with some 1-2 test mails, that's it.

Yeah, I have hosted 2 more domains as well but just to learn multiple domain hosting using virtual host. So no serious requirement from the current processes that's running on the server, I guess.

Well the only thing that really uses up resources in iRedMail is the Virus Scanning, you could disable it if its causing this issue

So how much memory would be ideal?

Normally 1GB is enough but all systems are different, if you could get half a gig more I think that'd be more than plenty

And what's the command to disable the anti-virus, BTW?

http://www.iredmail.org/docs/completely … assin.html

Thanks, that would do for now smile

I still can see the Amavis shutting down. I'm still not sure how this memory thing could be that decisive here for I've iRedMail running on another VPS with just 512 MB of memory on different ISP's server that's just half of what I'm using here but still iRedMail is working fine there.

In fact, everything was working fine here as well until I added support for the additional domain. Anything to do with this additional hosted domain, just saying?

Or do you think any further debugging required or fresh reinstall of iRedMail would work?

Its not, as Amavis is unaware of 'domains' per-se it just scans anything that gets sent to it, wait for Zhang to look into it, sorry I couldn't be of more help

That's ok. Waiting ..

A system restart seems to have done the trick! Haven't seen any Amavisd failure. Still keeping an eye on it. Will update you If anything goes down the road.

Just want to remind: the most critical issue which causes Amavisd stop working is lack of memory. So if it doesn't work, please check its log file first and make sure it's not caused by lack of memory.