Topic: iRedMail - Blackhole specific email address - MySQL backend

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version: 0.9.0
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MySQL
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Ubuntu Server 14.04
- Related log if you're reporting an issue: N/A
====

First - thanks for the great program! Using it on two servers and running great!

I have catchall accounts enabled for a couple of domains and I use these email addresses to see who spams me.
I set up one for my teenager years ago to download music, now get a couple hundred emails a day.
I want this email address to be sent to a blackhole (I never see it)
I followed the tutorial for adding devnull to postfix, but no luck.

So the email I want to blackhole would be something like:
spiralfrog@example.com (with example.com being my actual domain - so cannot black list it)

Thanks in advance and thanks for your hard work and dedication!

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: iRedMail - Blackhole specific email address - MySQL backend

Set the user's per-user transport to "discard" [without quotes] in your MySQL Database and all incoming mail should automatically get discarded

7t3chguy wrote:

Set the user's per-user transport to "discard" [without quotes] in your MySQL Database and all incoming mail should automatically get discarded

I am assuming in the mailbox table - add username (email@iwannadrop.com) and set transport field to discard.

Just to be sure wink

Yes. Reference:
http://www.iredmail.org/docs/per-account.transport.html

Quick update - this doesn't seem to be working. I think that the catchall email is overriding the blackhole transport discard rule.

designsedge wrote:

Quick update - this doesn't seem to be working. I think that the catchall email is overriding the blackhole transport discard rule.

It doesn't make sense. mailbox account will be queried before catch-all account.
Show us what you did, and related output and log in Postfix log file. You description is not helpful for troubleshooting.