Topic: amavisd not working with ipv6 disabled

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version: 0.8.7
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MySQL
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: CentOS 6.6
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
====
Hi,

I'm having trouble getting amavisd working when ipv6 is disabled. I have my own ipv4 address space and have no need for ipv6, however when i disable ipv6 amavisd refuses to start and gives the following in the maillog:

mail amavis[1675]: (!)Net::Server: 2015/02/12-00:49:20 Can't connect to TCP port 10024 on ::1 [Cannot assign requested address]\n  at line 68 in file /usr/share/perl5/vendor_perl/Net/Server/Proto/TCP.pm

I have tried multiple things like removing the ::1 line is /etc/hosts and editing the amavisd.conf file and removing references to ::1 but nothing seems to work.

If I enable ipv6 it all works fine..

Any suggestions ?

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: amavisd not working with ipv6 disabled

What's the value of '$inet_socket_bind' in your Amavisd config file?

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

What's the value of '$inet_socket_bind' in your Amavisd config file?

Hi Zhang,

A search in amavisd.conf reveals no entry for that. In other words there is no '$inet_socket_bind' in my amavisd.conf file.

This is a fresh install of iRedMail 0.9 btw. I made an error in my original post with the version number.

With thanks..

Try to add below line in /etc/amavisd/amavisd.conf, then restart Amavisd (without ipv6):

$inet_socket_bind = '127.0.0.1';

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

Try to add below line in /etc/amavisd/amavisd.conf, then restart Amavisd (without ipv6):

$inet_socket_bind = '127.0.0.1';

Thanks, that did the trick.. Working with ipv6 disabled now.. This thread can be closed.

Thanks again..