Topic: Freebsd 8 install

Hi All just wanted to know if there are any plans to fix the freebsd install now that they updated to php5.3? 

thanks

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Freebsd 8 install

What's the problem with the latest trunk version?

There's a fix relate to php5.3 here:
http://code.google.com/p/iredmail/sourc … 885ff9c15f

You can get the latest version here:
http://code.google.com/p/iredmail/source/checkout

fireman wrote:

Hi All just wanted to know if there are any plans to fix the freebsd install now that they updated to php5.3? 

thanks

You need take care of Roundcube,0.31 not support php5.3, you need update the newest svn of Roundcube.

4 (edited by fireman 2010-04-16 06:51:18)

shake wrote:
fireman wrote:

thanks

You need take care of Roundcube,0.31 not support php5.3, you need update the newest svn of Roundcube.

thanks for your reply shake, could you give me a step by step for this so i don break any syslinks?

thanks much
FM

downloaded the newest roundcube running the upgrade on system check says i need JSON installed this was not installed when php5.3 was compialed and installed??  Also where is php.ini all i see in /usr/local/etc/ is php.ini-development and php.ini-production??

JSON problem fixed, now an mysql issue, when the installer check runs now I get  (Please manually execute the SQL statements from /usr/local/www/roundcube/SQL/mysqli.update.sql on your database)   interesting thing is there is no mysqli.update.sql in that dir. I really was looking forward to using iRedMail but just way to many bugs, I have been working on this 4 days i could have set this up from scratch by now.

Thanks for all your help but I have to move on :-) FM

Update !!! just wanted to let any one know that uses freebsd with php 5.3 forget about roundcube till they get the php 5.3 issues worked out, and use Squirrelmail works good. I do like roundcube better but way to many bugs till they work out the php 5.3 issues.

Just my 2 cents

FM