Topic: Problem when restoring mailboxes

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version: 0.8.0
- Store mail accounts in which backend (MySQL):
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: CentOS release 6.2 (Final)
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
====

Hey Zhang,

You can support me with the following problem? on a hard drive I have installed the operating system to another hard drive I have only the mailboxes of users, the hard disk where are the mailboxes had a physical injury, put a new hard drive and I could recover most mailboxes from damaged hard disk mail, then copied the /var/vmail/vmail1/domain/mailboxes... on the new hard drive when users access webmail mail (roundcube) do not see any of his emails, but if it appears in the webamil the percentage of quota used by the user, I guess if you are counting the emails that were copied.

What do you think is the problem?

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Problem when restoring mailboxes

The most important part of migrating mailboxes is, you must make sure maildir path stored in SQL/LDAP matches the mailbox path on file system, so that mail clients can find imported emails.

In your case, maildir path is stored in SQL database (columns: mailbox.storagebasedirectory, mailbox.storagenode, mailbox.maildir), so after you copied mailboxes from old hard disk, the new mailboxes should be under the same maildir path stored in SQL database. for example, /var/vmail/vmail1/domain.com/...