- Linux/BSD distribution name and version:
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
======== Required information ====
- iRedMail version: 0.8.7
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MySql
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Ubuntu 14.04.01 LTS
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
====

This is not a support request so much as posting a solved issue that has been plaguing me for a few months before I was able to take the time to sit down and fix it. Hope that if anyone else has this issue they come across this post quickly.

The issue is that logging into the roundcubemail failed. It hung on loading after entering password for around 10 seconds, then gave back a "Failed to log in" message. There were no related errors in any logs, the only relevant log was in apache/access.log which stated that it had received the POST request to /mail/?_task=login. I was still able to log into iRedAdmin.

The issue was that I had installed nginx (on my own, not with the latest update to iRedMail) and was planning on transitioning to nginx, but had not had the time to do so.

The confusing part was that I uninstalled nginx shortly after getting it when I realized it was more work than it was worth. It turns out that even though nginx was uninstalled, there were a few leftover references to nginx in my system startup links...

The fix was to run

# update-rc.d -f nginx remove

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Roundcube mail hanging after entering password [Solved]

Thanks for sharing. smile