1 (edited by 7t3chguy 2015-01-16 19:27:30)

Topic: ownCloud Integration

I'm wondering why you picked SOGo over ownCloud, ownCloud offers many more services, runs entirely on PHP with a single CRON Job and allows custom plugins so you could even fit stuff like some per-user configuration options within a custom plugin, options like Greylist OptIn etc. Most importantly it can use IMAP Authentication so it's very plug and play. I'd be willing to write an ownCloud Integration guide for your Docs if you'd like as I'm gonna be removing SOGo and installing ownCloud, not only does it look much much nicer, its Database formatting is usable in 3rd party applications and to go along with it I'll install PHP-Push2 instead of the broken ActiveSync in SOGo.

I guess I'm asking for a quickfire guide to remove SOGo from stock install with iRed.

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: ownCloud Integration

ownCloud focuses on cloud storage. iRedMail is a mail server solution, and we need caldav/carddav/activesync services provided by SOGo.

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

ownCloud focuses on cloud storage. iRedMail is a mail server solution, and we need caldav/carddav/activesync services provided by SOGo.

That's fine, ownCloud does focus on that I guess but does do a really good job at CalDAV and CardDAV.
Could you tell me the best way of removing SOGo, is it somehow integrated, or will just apt-get remove and purge be enough?

Just remove the SOGo packages and remove its configuration in Apache/Nginx config files.