Topic: Indonesia, Jakarta, 2200 email migration to iRedMail (OpenLDAP)

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version:
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL):
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version:
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
====- Country: Indonesia
- State/City: Jakarta Barat
- Company: -
- Web Site: http://
- Backend (OpenLDAP, MySQL, or PostgreSQL): OpenLDAP
- Manage mail accounts with (iRedAdmin-Pro, phpMyAdmin, phpLDAPadmin): iRedAdmin-Pro
- Total Users: 2200
- Basic Hardware info (CPU/RAM/Storage): 2* QuadCore Xeon CPU, 16GB RAM, 600GB SAS Disk
- Comment/Story/Migration tips:

My company had to migrate an old postfix mail system on an old server (4 years running) to new system and of course new server hardware. The new server is ready but left untouched for about 4 months because of the absence of sysadmin in my IT team (previous project was done with a freelance sysadmin).

Finding iredmail on the internet (with it's many success story) brings a new hope to me, I'm not a linux expert but after doing some test I managed to run 2 domains (less than 30 users) on the free version.

Interested with many features of the Pro version (especially the Global Address Book) then I asked my boss to buy iRedadminPro license for my next project (7 company domains with 2200 accounts). Because the old dovecot mailbox quota was not working, I'm not migrating the old mailbox, need to reduce the task also because I did it alone.

The standard installation is quick, but It takes me 3 months to fully configured and migrated the whole domain (1 domain every 2 weeks - to make sure there's no major issue after each migration). The main challenge was on how to configure postfix, dovecot, and webmail for 7 different domain (using each SSL certificate).

Now I had the confidence in fully managing my own email server, well there's still some task to make it better but my Boss should already acknowledge my success smile - imagine the cost if my company using other commercial email server software or even the cloud service.

Thanks to Zhang, I will surely upgrade the yearly license to lifetime.

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Indonesia, Jakarta, 2200 email migration to iRedMail (OpenLDAP)

Thanks for sharing. This is a great story. smile