Topic: Anti-virus recommendations

We receive a large number of obvious malware attachments, which ClamAV almost never detects. In order to further protect us, I am now blocking bad file extensions, but this isn't really a substitute for decent AV.

We've now started getting large numbers of macro viruses being sent to us, purporting to be remittance advices, invoices etc. and I am sure it is only a matter of time before a user opens one by mistake.

So I am looking for a simple replacement for ClamAV that will be more effective, one that will work well with iredmail. It used to be that f-secure was popular on Linux mailservers, is that a good idea? I am expecting to have to pay for something better than ClamAV.

I appreciate iRedMail are trying to find ways to monetise their project, could an enhanced paid-for AV solution be an option?

Thanks,
Chris.

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version: 0.8.7
- iRedAdmin-Pro-LDAP: 2.1.2
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Ubuntu 12.04
- ClamAV 0.98.5/19890/Wed Jan  7 05:49:13 2015
====

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Anti-virus recommendations

With default iRedMail settings, AV will be invoked by Amavisd, and Amavisd supports several commercial AV products.
There're sample settings for some AV scanners in Amavisd sample config file, you should check it first.
And it's better to ask in Amavisd mailing list to get a list of supported commercial AV products.

Re: Anti-virus recommendations

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

With default iRedMail settings, AV will be invoked by Amavisd, and Amavisd supports several commercial AV products.
There're sample settings for some AV scanners in Amavisd sample config file, you should check it first.
And it's better to ask in Amavisd mailing list to get a list of supported commercial AV products.

Thank you.