Topic: iRedMail repos

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version: 0.8.7
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL):
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: CentOS 6.4
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
====
I use iRedMail in labs to introduce students to the product and open-source email servers.

I've recently used iRedMail-0.8.6 without issues. When starting the install for 0.8.7, I get "Error: Cannot retrieve metalink for repository: tmp_epel. Please verify its path and try again.

This happens after getting all the way to:

"Loading mirror speeds from cached hostfile"
epel/metalink                                                                |   14kB     00:00

Everything looks fine in /etc/yum.repos.d

I've cleaned, reset, etc....

I'm at a loss. My class is looking at me like I'm nuts.

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: iRedMail repos

Looks like you cannot access the URL defined in /etc/yum.repos.d/tmp_epel.repo.

This is a temporary yum repo used during iRedMail installation. iRedMail will install epel-release RPM package from tmp_epel repo, then it will enable EPEL yum repo. The URL defined in tmp_epel.repo is one of Fedora mirror sites.

And, i'm sorry that it makes you trouble in your class.

3 (edited by michael.georg 2014-12-12 23:03:05)

Re: iRedMail repos

I'm beginning to think our IT people have made a change to the filter or firewall that is blocking a file from one of the repositories. I can successfully ping all of the URLs found in the repos. Plus, I've switched from https to http, and back, with no change. I even pointed the iRedMail.org url to the ip address in Japan. No change.

I went back to the version I've used before, 0.8.6, commented out the line "check_status_before_run check_new_iredmail" and tried that one. It returned the same error.

I appreciate your input, but it looks like it is something at the perimeter in this network.