Topic: Configure defaults for new domain creation

Hi, I am using the LDAP backend and want to work out a way to set the defaults for a new domain creation. We have a standard product that we apply to all accounts and want to minimise the time taken to set up a new domain

If there is a simple way to pre-configure the settings for any new domains added that would be great.

Thanks

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Configure defaults for new domain creation

I agree that we should add some pre-configured settings somewhere, will try to implement this in the future.

Currently, you have to modify file 'libs/ldaplib/iredldif.py' to set default settings. May i know what settings you want to set?

We would like to pre-define what options are available to a domain -e.g. setting 10 mailboxes, 3G of space total and 5 mailing lists etc... Plus automatically disabling certain features which we are not offering at this point (relay, throttling etc)

Any suggestion on how to do it would be fantastic.

Currently, you can modify file libs/ldaplib/iredldif.py (function ldif_maildomain) to achieve this goal.

Thanks for that... Will have to update my Python skills rather quickly...

It should be VERY easy to modify this file. Just add the ldap attr/value pairs in it if you want hard-code settings.