Topic: Android IMAP & POP3 connectivity issues

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version: iRedMail-0.8.7
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP):
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Ubuntu 14.04
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
====

Hello I need some assistance with setting up an android devices using IMAP. I can send/receive emails just fine using the web mail portal but when I attempt to auto discover the mail settings from a note 3 using the built in email client, it says "Unable to connect to email server to verify your account information. No response from server." I get this error when I use POP3 and IMAP. The ports are open because I can telnet to the server using port 143 and 110. Any thoughts on what might be causing this. This is  new installation today.

Thanks,
Joe

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Android IMAP & POP3 connectivity issues

Make sure it's using TLS for secure connection, then try again.

Unfortuantely it's still the same issue. I'm using the default IMAP and POP3 ports with TLS and it's not working:(. The username has been provisioned with username@domain.com.

Check Dovecot log file (/var/log/dovecot.log) on your server for more details please.

Does it work if you configure manually instead of using auto discover? If so, problem is in Samsung's app and there isn't much you can do. Maybe it only knows how to discover predetermined domains.

OK. I'm getting somewhere. I don't see any logs if I attempt to login from my phone. If I login through web mail I see logs. It's like as if the server does not have imap or pop3 enabled. Thougts? Manual configuration with TLS enabled does nothing.

Webmail is IMAP under the hood. Are you sure you have the correct settings on your phone? IMAP port 143? (Don't use POP unless you have a reason to)

100% certain that i'm using port 143. It's the default port for imap. If I use TLS it changes to 995. For the address should I use imap.domain.com or just the public IP of the server?

Use the hostname you set up in iRedMail (wherever you're accessing Roundcube from).

That was my issue. I trying to resolve imap.mydomain.com and smtp.mydomain.com. Once I changed it to the DNS name, I was able to login. Thank you!!!

Looks like your phone tried to connect to other server but not your iRedMail server.